At the moment, I’m trying to eat cleaner. Reducing wheat and sugar intake isn’t easy these days but I think these little nuggets will help cope with hungry moments.
Lots of great nutrients here. Protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium and antioxidants to name a few!
Nutritious Raw Energy Bars
- 1 cup of seeds (I used sunflower but you could mix with pumpkin seeds etc )
- 1 cup of nuts (I used pecan nuts this time but I think any nut or mix of nuts would work)
- 3 tbsp Organic Cacao Nibs http://bit.ly/2b2tJBV
- 3 Tbsp Organic Chia Seeds http://bit.ly/1OVmM3I
- 2 Tbsp Organic Cocao Powder http://bit.ly/2aVtWJ4
- 60g Virgin Organic Coconut Oil http://bit.ly/1q04Zdo
- 1/2 cup Organic Chocolate coated raisins http://bit.ly/2b4cMuk
Soak the chia seeds in 1/4 cup water for 5-10 minutes to create a gel.
Mix the seeds, nuts, nibs, coconut oil, cacao powder and chia gel together in a blender. Blitz till well mixed, then add the raisins and blitz again. How long you blitz them together is up to you.
Spread into lined square dish pressing firmly.
Freeze for about an hour.
Carefully cut into squares and keep in freezer.
Not sure these will be a favourite with the Grandkids but they’re quite light, chewey with a hint of sweetness when you bite into those chocolate raisins! Ready in a couple of minutes straight from the freezer.
Try different ingredients – add goji berries or other dried fruit in replacement to the chocolate raisins. A few chopped dates would add sweetness and chewiness. What would you add? Let us know in the comments.
Be well, Kim